- CIRCA 1894 -
BED, BREAKFAST & SPA
Due to Covid-19, the business model has changed.
we Now offer the sunday school and the Spa suite, as fully separated units, with exclusive private spaces.
E-Transfers are accepted for payment and a continental breakfast is made available in the suites.
SPA SUITE UPDATE: The Hot Tub remains will remain closed for the season.
The saunas are exclusive to B&B guests in the Spa Suite, and are not open to the public.
Come Pamper yourself, knowing that Management has taken guidance from governing bodies on health and safety protocols, so that we all remain safe. When you are ready for you next get-a-way, you can be confident that we, at Circa 1894 B&B and Spa, have your well-being foremost in mind. With the Covid situation, we have renovated our spaces and now offer private Suites/Apartments, rather than individual quest rooms to our guests. Other than the keyless lock entrance area, there are no indoor or outdoor common areas.
All facilities are private to the guest(s) in residence, whether it be for a day or a week, or more. As well, we now offer contactless booking/stay, if preferred/requested and have placed a sanitization table at the door.
Some of our new protocols include:
- Please advise if you develop symptoms prior to arrival.
- We will go over a Wellness Check with all guests on arrival, if contactless stay has not been requested.
- Please arrive with a personal mask and hand sanitizer, and keep social distancing, as necessary.
- Hand sanitizer is located at the entrance for you to further sanitize as you come and go.
- We ask that in-house guests only use washrooms in their suites.
- Guests and staff will practice safe distancing at all times.
- While E-transfers are the preferred method of payment, Credit Cards continue to be accepted, when required.
- Invoices and receipts, where requested will be emailed.
- Breakfast will be Continental Style, with lots of options, available. Feel free to dine at the table or outside on the deck, at your leisure.
- Lanark Pizza (they serve much more than pizza) will deliver for a small fee, and there are restaurants within a few minutes drive.
- Guest Room individual amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion) are being offered at this time.
- We recommend that guests bring their own robe, beach towel and sandals/slippers for the time being, though we have them on hand if you forget yours at home. If you use ours, please do not place them back on hangers, etc. Instead, leave them in the hampers for cleaning between guests.
- As well, while we have games, magazines, books, etc on hand, bringing your own at this time is advisable. If you use our items, please leave them out so that we can see that they are made safe for future guests.
- The number of guests and frequency of bookings is limited at this time.
- All three Saunas (NIR and FAR Infra-red and the Finnish Sauna) are available to the Spa Suite Guests only, and are cleaned and sanitized between guest stays.
- The Hot tub is closed until further notice, as we do not use chlorine disinfectant.
- Deep cleaning takes place between guests.
- The housekeeper will change gloves and masks before and after servicing the guest suite.
- Cleaning protocols will be strictly adhered to, as per health and safety guidelines.
- As we shift and evolve with the current situation. we thank you in advance for your patience, support, and understanding.
Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa is a Bed and Breakfast/Day Spa located in a former United Church in Watson's Corners.
The 3 Saunas will be available to guests of the Spa Suite, exclusively, and at no extra charge, as will access to the 3 levels of decking.
The hot tub will not be re-opened at this time, and the Day Spa remains closed to the public (other than guests of the Spa Suite) til further notice. As well, extra meals will not be available, and breakfast will be Continental Style, all be it, with lots of options. Note that sufficient time will be left between guest bookings to allow for proper sanitization of the premises.
As we all do our part to contain the virus, please take good care.
Come for a day or stay for a week (7th day free) and beyond!
ABOUT YOUR HOSTESS:
For four decades, your hostess, Donna Dillman, has been an entrepreneur, having owned and managed a pet store, a B&B and guest house, (10 minutes north of the current location) a general store and a farm. In 1999, she began working as an energy healer, leading to her work as a life coach. She aided and supported her ex-partner, Cam Allen, in the renovation of the former Church and Sunday School, as well as in the construction of the Spa Suite.
Throughout, her life has revolved around her children and theirs. In 2007, she undertook what turned into a 68-day fast over the issue of uranium extraction in nearby Robertsville. The effort highlighted her belief that we need to preserve this abundant planet for the generations to come, and that the world changes when we do. The Fall of 2010 found her walking the Camino; a 750 km trek from Pamplona to Santiago de Compostela, bringing her to an increased awareness of her place on the planet. Future plans include and end-to-end hike of the Bruce trail with her youngest daughter. As well, she plans to convert a van into a camper and go where the road takes her.
Donna thrives on connection and is thrilled to be offering the opportunity to overnight, relax and rejuvenate in the beauty that is the Lanark Highlands, her home for almost 40 years.
Pics and more info just below.
Thanks Donna, for such a relaxing (and cathartic) stay. It was a totally unexpected treasure. You have a beautiful home! Best Breakfast ever! ***** Cheers, Lauren & Kim, Toronto.
This is a great place to escape the city, relax in the tubs and get a massage. Spend the night and wake to a huge breakfast. Nothing was missed, great hosts and wonderful conversations. Will be back :-). Sutton's, Ottawaa tescape the city, relax in the tubs and get a massage. Spend the night and wake to a huge breakfast. Nothing was missed, great hosts and wonderful conversations. We'll be back :-). Sutton's, Ottawa, April e. Spend the night and wake to a huge bakndonversations. We'll be back :-). Sutton's, Ottawa, April 24
Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa, located in Watson's Corners in the former United Church, offers memorable get-a-ways, whether they be overnight or multi-night stays. Expect affordable and friendly hospitality, in a clean, safe, relaxed and holistic environment.
Both Suites offers a full kitchen, queen size comfort, a lovely fireplace (in season), Satellite Smart TV, 3 pc bath, along with living and dining areas.
Expect an intimate, rejuvenating experience. Come enjoy all the Spa area has to offer in health benefits and relaxation. Two indoor saunas, (NIR and FAR Infra-red), along with three levels of decking and seating, with a Finnish Sauna located on the bottom deck, all for your use exclusively.
By booking ahead, it may be possible to enjoy an on-site Reiki treatment for an additional fee.
Continental Breakfasts choices will be provided in the fridge and on the counter on arrival.
When staying for more than a few days, supplies will be augmented, as needed.
Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have dietary restrictions, and we will do our best to cater to them.
A/C and Wireless internet / parking / telephone / local calls / satellite TV / hair dryer / iron / ironing board / microwave / coffee maker / AM/FM clock radios/wake-up service/individual room heaters.