- CIRCA 1894 -
BED, BREAKFAST & SPA
Due to Covid-19, i've had to change the business model, and, with that, the Bed & Breakfast is currently closed.
Please check back in the Spring to see how things have unfolded.
many, many thanks to all who have supported Circa 1894 in its years of operation.
SPA UPDATE: The Hot Tub and Saunas are closed as mandated by the Ontario Government. Only Reiki Treatments ($80 per one hour treatment) are available at this time.
Come Pamper yourself, knowing that Management has taken guidance from governing bodies on health and safety protocols, so that we all remain safe. When you are ready for you next get-a-way, you can be confident that we, at Circa 1894 B&B and Spa, have your well-being foremost in mind. With the Covid situation, we have renovated our spaces and now offer Suites/Apartments, rather than rooms to our guests. Other than the keyless lock entrance area, there are no indoor or outdoor common areas. All facilities are private to the guest(s) in residence, whether it be for a day or a week, or more. As well, we now offer contactless booking/stay, if preferred/requested and have placed a sanitization table at the door.
Some of our new protocols include:
- Please advise if you develop symptoms prior to arrival.
- We will go over a Wellness Check with all guests on arrival, if contactless stay has not been requested.
- Please arrive with a personal mask and hand sanitizer, and keep social distancing, as necessary.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at the entrance for you to further sanitize as you come and go.
- We ask that in-house guests only use washrooms in their suites whenever possible.
- Guests and staff will practice safe distancing at all times.
- While E-transfers are the preferred method of payment, Credit Cards continue to be accepted when required.
- Invoices and receipts, where requested will be emailed.
- Breakfast will be Continental Style, with lots of options, available in the respective kitchens. Feel free to dine at the table or outside at your leisure.
- Lanark Pizza (they serve much more than pizza) will deliver for a small fee, and there are restaurants within a few minutes drive.
- Guest Room individual amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion) are being offered at this time.
- We recommend that guests bring their own robe, beach towel and sandals/slippers for the time being, though we have them on hand if you forget yours at home. If you use ours, please do not place them back on hangers, etc. Instead, leave them in the hampers for cleaning between guests.
- As well, while we have games, magazines, books, etc on hand, bringing your own at this time is advisable. If you use our items, please leave them out so that we can see that they are made safe for future guests.
- The number of guests and frequency of bookings is limited at this time.
- All three Saunas (NIR and FAR Infra-red and the Finnish Sauna) are available to the Spa Suite Guests only (and the Guests in both Suites, when booked together), and are cleaned and sanitized between guest stays.
- The Hot tub is closed until further notice, as we do not use chlorine disinfectant in them.
- Limited contact housecleaning is in effect, with deep cleaning between guests.
- The housekeeper will change gloves and masks after servicing each guest suite.
- Cleaning protocols will be strictly adhered to, as per health and safety guidelines.
- As we shift and evolve with the current situation. we thank you in advance for your patience, support, and understanding.
Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa is a Bed and Breakfast/Day Spa located in a former United Church in Watson's Corners.
As noted, because we believe that guests will be and feel safer by not sharing space with strangers, the guest rooms have been turned into Suites, with private baths/showers. The 3 Saunas will be available to guests of the Spa Suite, exclusively, and at no extra charge, as will access to the 3 levels of decking. The Sunday School Suite will have access to the side yard, with its benches and pond. As well, we offer guests who wish to glamp in style, our 27' Golden Falcon RV, which sleeps up to 4 and has its own patio area.
The hot tubs will not be re-opened at this time and the Day Spa will be closed to the public (other than guests of the Spa Suite - and both suites when booked as a unit) til further notice. As well, extra meals will not be available and breakfast will be Continental Style, all be it, with lots of options. Note that sufficient time will be left between guest bookings to allow for proper sanitization of the premises.
As we all do our part to contain the virus, please take good care.
Come for a day or stay for a week (7th day free)!
ABOUT YOUR HOSTESS:
For four decades, your hostess, Donna Dillman, has been an entrepreneur, having owned and managed a pet store, a B&B and guest house, (10 minutes north of the current location) a general store and a farm. In 1999, she began working as an energy healer, leading to her work as a life coach. More recently, she has also supported her partner, Cam Allen, in the renovation of the former Church, where the B&B is located, as well as in the construction of the newly added Day Spa.
Throughout, her life has revolved around her children and theirs. In 2007, she undertook what turned into a 68-day fast over the issue of uranium extraction in nearby Robertsville. The effort highlighted her belief that we need to preserve this abundant planet for the generations to come, and that the world changes when we do. The Fall of 2010 found her walking the Camino; a 750 km trek from Pamplona to Santiago de Compostela, bringing her to an increased awareness of her place on the planet.
Donna thrives on connection and is thrilled to be offering the opportunity to overnight, relax and rejuvenate in the beauty that is the Lanark Highlands, her home for over 35 years. Note that the property and businesses are for sale, privately. We are hoping to attract new buyers who are as enthusiastic as we are and who will continue with business as usual. Call 613-259-9988 to book today.
Pics and more info just below.
Thanks Donna, for such a relaxing (and cathartic) stay. It was a totally unexpected treasure. You have a beautiful home! Best Breakfast ever! ***** Cheers, Lauren & Kim, Toronto.
This is a great place to escape the city, relax in the tubs and get a massage. Spend the night and wake to a huge breakfast. Nothing was missed, great hosts and wonderful conversations. Will be back :-). Sutton's, Ottawaa tescape the city, relax in the tubs and get a massage. Spend the night and wake to a huge breakfast. Nothing was missed, great hosts and wonderful conversations. We'll be back :-). Sutton's, Ottawa, April e. Spend the night and wake to a huge bakndonversations. We'll be back :-). Sutton's, Ottawa, April 24
Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa, located in Watson's Corners in the former United Church, offers memorable get-a-ways, whether they be overnight or multi-night stays. Expect affordable and friendly hospitality, in a clean, safe, relaxed and holistic environment.
Three guest rooms and two RVs are available, individually or for a group gathering. If your group books the entire space, there is no extra charge to access to the Spa area between check-in and check-out and you will enjoy exclusive use of the tubs and saunas during your visit.
Expect an intimate, relaxing experience. Come enjoy all the Spa has to offer, for a small additional fee ($20 daily, per room). With NIR and FAR Infra-red saunas, a Finnish Sauna, three hot/cool tubs and a Quiet Room, Circa 1894 accommodation is designed for rest, rehabilitation and recharge.
By booking well ahead, it may be possible to enjoy an on-site massage or Reiki treatment for an additional fee. As well, we now offer Oxygen Therapy and iHeart monitoring (measures your internal age), for a small additional fee.
Circa 1894 B&B provides healthy breakfast options, with quiet attention to individual needs. We use homemade, local, seasonal and organic food choices, as available. Typically, breakfast will be served in the attached renovated church. Details of the renovation and build can be found at: alltechgreenchurch.ca