Scroll down for info on the B&B/packages and for info on our sustainability effort, but first some pics for your visual enjoyment. Hover over the pic for some text on what you are seeing:
The Rose Room and the Moon Room, offer queen sized accommodation and comfort, while the Spa Room has two single beds, one with a pillow top mattress. Alternately, in season, you may wish to overnight in the Golden Falcon RV - sleeps up to four, ($125 off season/$140 summer rate - for up to 2 guests) Add $50 per additional teen or adult or $20.00 per child 2 - 12 in the Golden Falcon. The 2012 Chaparral - sleeps up to three, ($150 rate is for up to 2 guests, extra $75 for 3rd adult). (See more info and more pictures below).
Check-in time is 4 p.m., with check-out at 11:00.
Packages are available, in conjunction with the attached Circa 1894 Spa facility. Currently, examples include: Romantic Get-a-ways, which includes massage or Reiki; Just for you 2 night package, Girlfriend's Time out, Spa & Dinner,with or without theatre ticket (see under 'packages' tab above, as well as at: Circa 1894 Spa, under 'booking info.') Call or email for pricing and more information. Check on the Spa website for talks/events that might be scheduled. Upcoming are: psychic readings (date to be announced) and 150 years of Basketry in Lanark County, with Ankaret Dean (date to be announced).
For breakfast, you can opt for our Hearty Signature version - expect locally produced eggs, made to order, served over Montreal Smoked Meat, with pea meal bacon, toast (including a gluten-free option) and home fries. Alternatively, or if you prefer vegetarian, you can choose our homemade granola or Belgium waffles, served along side yogurt with fruit, some right off the property, and your choice of beverages, including regular, decaf, herbal teas and apple cider. We use local, seasonal and organic products, as available.
Breakfast is typically served in the newly renovated church, but can also be served in the guest's kitchenette or on the patio, in season. Alternatively, a continental breakfast can be made available in the kitchenette, which boasts a microwave, toaster and coffee maker for the exclusive use of Circa 1894 B&B guests. Breakfasts for RV guests may be continental style.
Everything we've done, from the design stage onward, has been based on sustainable practices.
Our goal here at Circa 1894 is to integrate economic and environmental sustainability objectives into our daily activities. We remain committed to sustainability in our design, material sources and in our day to day. We focus on efficient energy utilization, renewable and recyclable material choices and as close to zero waste as we can manage.
Our sustainable practices include:
- From the moment we started renovating the church (www.alltechgreenchurch.ca), we began eliminating a huge amount of waste going into landfills by reusing, recycling, and repurposing materials.
- All the tubs and saunas were purchased privately, meaning that no new material was required of the planet in order for you to enjoy their benefits.
- All the windows and almost all the doors, including the lovely entrance door, were purchased through Kijiji. Ditto the gas fireplace, both waterwalls, the water fountain, the Quiet Room furnishings, the reception desk, the hot water heater, many of the lawn ornaments and so much more.
- To help sustain the local economy, we applied the 100 km rule as much as possible. New building materials were sourced locally and the cedar deck and finish lumber was purchased from a family owned mill near Killaloe.
- Ingredients for Breakfast/Lunch are purchased using seasonal, organic produce grown and/or bought locally, where feasible. Eggs might come from chickens right here in the village and we grow a selection of the fruit and veggies used on site. Chocolates from Village Treats in Lanark and Hummingbird Chocolate in Almonte are sometimes on the menu, as is maple syrup from Temple's Sugar Bush, near Lanark.
- The organic soap for use by our B&B guests is handmade locally and the recipe is exclusive to Circa 1894 B&B.
- Local trades were used in the build and in the renovation and much of the construction and finish crew actually came from within the village and surrounding neighbourhood.
- Water from the sink and showers in the Spa is retrieved, filtered and recycled into the toilets, effectively cutting down on the amount of water going into the septic system.
- Rain water will be collected from the B&B roof for watering the back gardens, which provide the mint and nettle teas that are served in the Spa.
- We, of course, compost.
- The Spa was designed for passive solar and assembled to Passive House Standards and, with that, the annual heating cost is less than $200.00
- We have chosen to partner with Arbonne for our shampoo and body wash, as their products are botanically based and in line with our concept for the renovation, the build and the business; one of sustainability and ease to the planet. Click here if you are interested in ordering any of their extensive line of products.
Circa 1894 B&B accommodation and Day Spa is located a short drive northwest of Lanark, Ontario and under 1/2 hour from Historic Downtown Perth; about one hour from downtown Ottawa and 1 1/4 hours out of Kingston.
For pictures and more information on the renovation and sustainable practices used in our church reno, please check out: www.alltechgreenchurch.ca
See below pics for more info on the amenities offered.
What a delight! Serene energy here, amazing massage, great saunas and tubs and healthy, tasty meals. Thank you for a most restorative stay, Donna & Cam. You have an oasis here. Chris, Almonte
Wireless internet/parking/telephone/ local calls/copy machine/satellite TV/ hair dryer/ iron/ironing board/ microwave/coffee maker AM/FM clock radios/wake-up service/individual room heaters/Common area AC.
Come to Circa 1894 B&B for the unique experience of overnighting in a 27 ft. Glendale Golden Falcon RV with its queen sized bed, double sofa bed pullout, propane stove and heat, air conditioning, running water and flush toilet.
"Camp out/glamp" in luxury and enjoy breakfast on your own in the RV or on the patio, or come join us in the church . As with the in-house guests, you can enjoy the benefits of the Circa 1894 Day Spa for a small extra fee ($20 daily, per room).